Board Meeting of May 2, 2017
Location: Fire Station, 9339 SE Causey
Board Members Present: Neil Gavrich, John Chapman, Dave Gilman, Bob Stallman, Nancy Hall, Jonathon Handsaker, Jonathan Harbaugh, Suzanne Merritt, Josh Gavrich
Absent: All members present
Homeowners Present: Thomas Spathas (manages HOA website), Jim Graham
Call to Order: 7:30 pm by President Neil Gavrich
The due statements were prepared for mailing before the official beginning of the meeting. John Chapman will mail the due statements the next day.
The fire department provided copies of the bond update for the approved bond issue.
Approval of Meeting Minutes – Board Meeting April 4, 2016
The Board members had the draft minutes available by email. A motion was made by Neil to approve the April 4, 2017 minutes as submitted. It was seconded by Suzanne and all Board members present approved.
BOARD OFFICIERS/COMMITTE REPORTS
President: Neil Gavrich
- Neil reported that things were quiet in the HOA.
- He wrote an article for the spring newsletter. He noted that Dennis Shaffer did the spring newsletter and we should thank him for doing a good job.
Vice-president: Suzanne Merritt
- Suzanne said she was upset about drivers not stopping at stop signs in our neighborhood.
Secretary: Dave Gilman
- He provided the minutes for the April 4, 2017 Board meeting for approval.
Treasurer’s Report: John Chapman
- John thanked the Board for working on the dues statement. He said they will be in the mail tomorrow.
- He reported on the status of violation at the house on Kela Court with the car under a canopy on the front grass. The car and canopy have been removed, and he received a $50 fine payment.
- He reported that the house on 98th Court has cleaned up the tree debris from the winter storm.
- The foreclosed house on 98th Street has had the driveway cleaned up by the bank.
- The house with the Volvos in front on King Way has had the Volvos removed.
- He has received a recommendation for an electrician to provide an estimate for replacing the path lights with LEDs.
Environmental Committee: Jonathan Harbaugh
- Jonathon said the dumpsters are set for May 5 at the same locations. He noted that they are only for yard debris!
- He had an electrician review the path lights for upgrade to LEDs. To upgrade the path lights there are two options. We can bypass the ballasts and install the appropriate LED bulb. The other to replace whole fixtures. If the whole fixture is replaced a rebate from energy trust is available. He will send on the price comparison when available.
Covenant Compliance: Jonathon Handsaker
- Jonathon said he had no new complaints.
Architectural: Josh Gavrich
- Josh reported he will meet with the homeowners who are concerned about a tree in the common area falling into their yard.
Safety: Bob Stallman
- He noted that there was a tree that may fall from the common area onto a house on Nancy Court. Josh will meet with the homeowner, as noted above under architectural.
Eagle Landing: Nancy Hall
- Nancy received permission to put on the web site the historical photo of Mt Scott.
- Eagle landing – applications for a zone change and the master plan are incomplete, so not much is happening.
- The County is still working on the 4 way stop at Causey and Stevens Road.
HOA Web Site: Thomas Spathas
- Thomas has updated the photo on website.
- He is looking at options to keep control of the email addresses.
- He noted that the web site gets about 100 views a week.
Jonathon is arranging a tour of the common area to determine what work can be done by homeowners, possibly for a work party in the summer. This includes clearing paths, removing ivy, and debris.
Jim Graham’s discussed his covenant concerns and thanks the board for resolving them. He mentioned that he would like to have part of a tree cut at his house. Josh will check it out. He would also like permission to paint his house another color. He showed the color to Board and all approved.
Adjournment: at 8:42 pm by Neil
Next Regular Board Meetings: June 6, 2017 at 7 pm at the Fire Station. And each first Tuesday of the month that follows, except in July (meeting moved to August) and December.