Board Meeting of June 7, 2016
Location: Fire Station, 9339 SE Causey
Board Members Present: Dennis Shaffer, Nancy Hall, John Chapman, Dave Gilman, Jonathan Harbaugh, Bob Stallman
Absent: John Short, Carl Feague (arrived at 7:45 pm)
Call to Order: 7:02 pm by Vice-President Dennis Shaffer
Approval of Meeting Minutes – Board Meeting March 2, 2016
The Board members had the draft minutes available by email. A motion was made by Dennis to approve the May 3, 2016 minutes as submitted. It was seconded by John Chapman and all Board members present approved.
BOARD MEMBER REPORTS
President: Carl Feague (absent until 7:45 pm)
- Carl was absent, so Dennis presided and gave Carl’s report. Carl arrived at the meeting at 7:45 pm.
- Carl requested reimbursement for $46.93 to pay for having a large map of the HOA printed and mounted.
- He called in two street lights that remained on.
- He received a call from Sally Gaeta of The Falls at Happy Valley HOA . Items of mutual interest were discussed
- Carl coordinated yard clean up with Finishing Touch at 10416 SE 98th Ct. Carl asked for a bid from Mary. She interpreted this as a go ahead. The bill is higher than expected, but the home looks nice for the first time in years. He recommended that a lien be put on the property for this amount. John Chapman will pay the Finishing Touch invoice for the work. Dennis made a motion to not do a lien on the property till the next meeting. John Chapman seconded and all Board members present approved. This was discussed again after Carl arrived. He agreed with the action.
- Carl requested the Board to vote on the bid from Clay’s Tree Service to remove the dead pine tree from the front yard of 10416 SE 98th Court (same house as above where the clean up was done). It was tabled till next the meeting.
- Carl inspected and approved a paint color change at 10826 SE 93rd Court.
Vice-president: Dennis Shaffer
- Dennis welcomed Bob Stallman as a Board member. He will be safety chairman.
Secretary: Dave Gilman
- He provided the minutes for the May 3, 2016 Board meeting for approval.
- He said he would update and distribute the Board of Directors list for the new member.
Treasurer’s Report: John Chapman
- John reported that an estimate for green space signs saying “private property” is $426 for 8 aluminum signs. He will get another estimate.
- He sent a letter to the homeowner at 10744 SE 95th Court, who had cut the limbs and removed the top of a large tree in their front yard. The letter said the tree work made the tree unacceptable and that they would have to remove the tree. The homeowner is to contact John Short.
- He noted some landscape additions at 10037 SE 99th Drive that do not look good. He will discuss with John Short when he returns.
- He reported that $20,068 in dues that has been collected so far. There are 180 homeowners paid with 66 unpaid and 3 foreclosures. The total bank account is $54,537.40.
Environmental Committee: Jonathan Harbaugh
- Drain report – He walked the area of the drain replacement with Carl and it became oblivious that the work discussed at the previous meeting would cost more than previously anticipated. River City said they would have to scope all the connections to the drain, as well completely replace about 300 feet of pipe. The bid was $51,000 for the complete job. A less costly short term solution may be to jog around the blocked section and to remove the tree and roots. Jonathon will get other bids for alternatives to the River City proposal.
Covenant Compliance: Vacant
- John Chapman and Carl are taking care of complaints.
Architectural: John Short absent
- Dennis gave the report for John Short, who is absent.
- John Short approved a fence for Vaughn at 10272 SE 100th Drive.
- He approved a driveway replacement for Nann at 10106 SE 100th Drive.
- He approved a driveway replacement for Larry at 10043 SE Cleon Street.
- He approved window replacement for Jeff at 10750 Se Stevens Way.
Safety: Bob Stallman
- He reported that there are termite infected trees in the common area (King Way common area – Nancy’s woods). The County said it could affect houses within a quarter mile. He will check into the issue. John Chapman made a motion to set aside up to $200 to have an appropriate professional check on the termites in Nancy’s woods. Dennis seconded and all Board members present approved.
- Radon testing was discussed. Mt Scott area is not a high radon area, but buyers are requesting the test. Test kits are available at Home Depot.
Eagle Landing: Nancy Hall
- Nancy reported on the Eagles Landing development. She met with staff at City of Happy Valley and was told the project application is complete, but that the traffic study would need to be redone and that other data is also needed. She also reported on the info provided at SUN CPO meeting on June 6. At the meeting the developer and his traffic engineer answered questions. It was announced there may be a Town Hall meeting in mid-July at New Hope Church, but it’s possible it could be delayed until more info is available.
Adjournment: at 8:35 pm by Dennis
Next Regular Board Meetings: July 5, 2016 at 7 pm at the Fire Station. And each first Tuesday of the month that follows, except in August and December.