Annual Meeting – October 4, 2016
Location: Fire Station, 9339 SE Causey
Board Members Present: John Short, Dennis Shaffer, John Chapman, Dave Gilman, Jonathan Harbaugh, Bob Stallman, Nancy Hall
Board Absent: Carl Feague
Homeowners Present: See list attached
Guests: Clackamas Fire district #1 Representatives, TMG Management – Lynda DuLong, Bob Mulkey
Call to Order: 7:00 pm by Vice-President Dennis Shaffer
Approval of Meeting Minutes – Board Meeting September 6, 2016
The Board members had the draft minutes available by email. A motion was made by John Chapman to approve the September 6, 2016 minutes as submitted. It was seconded by John Short and all Board members present approved.
Lynda DuLong and Bob Mulkey presented the TMG proposal for assisting the Board. They will do whatever services are needed for the HOA, as financial, running Board meetings, a web site, training, and providing a phone answering service. They can also do covenant compliance and other special projects, and helping with difficult issues. Different levels of service are available at different prices. The contracts are usually 2 years, but can be terminated earlier if needed. The full service is $2000 to setup and a monthly fee of about $2000. They have been in business for 30 years.
Presentation by Clackamas Fire district #1
The Clackamas Fire District #1 representatives, including some from station #5 (meeting site), provided an informational update regarding the proposed annexation of Boring Fire District #59. This will include Measure 3-493, Measure 3-494, and Measure 3-503. All three of these measures will be on the November 8, 2016 ballot, but our area will vote for only 494. They also shared information regarding fire and life safety initiatives and upcoming community events.
Board Member Duties and Election of New Board Members
Dennis suggested that the Board provide some background info for the homeowners. Each Board member explained their current job on the Board and if their position would be open. It was noted that there are 4 positions open, with one vacant and 3 with expiring terms.
There were 4 homeowners interested in being on the Board. Nancy Hall said she was interested in remaining on the Board, as she is allowed a second term. The 4 new homeowners are: Neil Gavrich, Josh Gavrich, Jonathan Handsaker, and Susanne Merritt. They each introduced themselves and said why they are interested. There was a written secret ballot. The 4 elected are Neil, Josh, Jonathon, and Nancy. Susanne will be welcome as a non-voting volunteer.
BOARD MEMBER REPORTS
President: Carl Feague (absent due to business)
· Dennis read Carl’s report.
· Carl reserved the fire station for 2017 meetings.
· Carl sent 5 violation letters.
· He left two voice messages for Michael Dufresne Electric regarding repairing the path light #1.
· The TMG Management Group made a proposal. It will be discussed at the next meeting.
· Carl requested reimbursement of $54.51 for fence posts and a driver. A motion to reimburse Carl for expenses was made by Bob and seconded by John Chapman and all Board members present voted yes.
Vice-president: Dennis Shaffer
- Dennis did the fall newsletter.
Secretary: Dave Gilman
· He provided the minutes for the September 6, 2016 Board meeting for approval.
Treasurer’s Report: John Chapman
· John reported on HOA finances. (Attached)
· John discussed the work with the drain line contractor. The drain line work will be started on Oct. 13.
· He led a discussion about the TMG presentation and there was general agreement that we would not use the TMG management for the HOA.
Environmental Committee: Jonathan Harbaugh
· Jonathon said that the dumpster will be placed the weekend of Nov 14. The 7 drop boxes will be in the usual locations as noted in the newsletter.
· He reported that Mosaic Ecology will do a fall treatment in late October. They will also spray for blackberries and ivy.
· He had a report that a tree may need to come down that is located across the path from the drain work. It would require a core sample to verify if is still ok. He will check on this.
Covenant Compliance: Vacant
· Carl and John Chapman have been doing this.
Architectural: John Short
· John reported that he approved paint colors for Jonathon Handsaker at 10461 SE 97th Court.
Safety: Bob Stallman
· He asked about insurance coverage if a tree belonging to the HOA falls on a house. It was noted that the homeowners insurance covers any damage in this case. However, if it is known that a tree is a danger, then it is the tree owner’s responsibility.
Eagle Landing: Nancy Hall
· Nancy reported that the Happy Valley hearing for the Eagles Landing project is Dec 13 at the city hall.
· She attended the SUN CPO meeting last night. It covered various bond issues for the November election and upcoming street work in the towncenter area. A developer has plans to build a 212 units apartment complex across from Myles Fiberglass on Otty Road (next to I205). It is in the planning stage.
Jim Graham discussed dead branches overhanging the paths in the common area and how they may be a danger when they fall.
Dennis will print out certificates for the retiring Board members to be presented at the next meeting.
Adjournment: at 8:48 pm by Dennis
Next Regular Board Meetings: November 1, 2016 at 7 pm at the Fire Station. And each first Tuesday of the month that follows, except in August and December.