Board Meeting of March 7, 2018
Location: Fire Station, 9339 SE Causey
Board Members Present: Neil Gavrich, Suzanne Merritt, John Chapman, James Allen, Nancy Hall, Jonathon Handsaker, Jonathan Harbaugh, Josh Gavrich, Steve Schroeder, Thomas Spathas, Manages HOA Website.
Robbie Robinson, Ray and Cindy Bizal, David Gillman, Bob Stallman, Vanessa Nichols. Thank you!
Call to Order: 7:01 pm by President Neil Gavrich
Approval of Meeting Minutes – Board Meeting 2.8.2018
The Board members had the draft minutes available by email. A motion was made by Neil to approve the February 2018 minutes as submitted with corrections and was seconded by Suzanne, and all other board members approved.
- Robbie Robinson asked about putting up a 50 foot Ham radio antenna on his property. Josh Gavich is going to meet with Robbie at his home to discuss it further. Robbie also mentioned another dead tree that Johnathon Harbaugh was going to look at. Nancy later sent a email that the antenna could potentially cause interference with other devices.
- Bob Stallman asked that the landscapers cut back the vines, etc., from common area sidewalk and his fence as this was supposed to be maintained by the HOA. Bob also said he noticed one path light flickers, another stays on all the time. Jonathan Harbaugh said he'd take a look at those.
- Nancy court path and other paths have lots of moss, curious if the contractor has treated them, regardless needs to be taken care of. Dave Gilman says nothing done in his area. Jonathan said he was going to talk with landscape contact person. There are two areas that are not being maintained, Jonathan was going to refer to the contract.
- Ray and Cindy mentioned tree on their property with a large limb hanging down. Wasn't sure if it's HOA or Homeowner responsibility.
- They asked to cut the limb down. All Board members approved.
- Dave Gilman asked about the Idleman bushes as they didn't appear to be cut back. James said they had been cut back by the property owner and the site distance is acceptable per Troy Johnson at Clackamas County. James said he would double check that information.
- Vanessa mentioned the bright light from a neighbor that has been shining in her back yard regularly. She will monitor it and let us know if it continues.
President: Neil Gavrich
- Approval of 2.8.18 minutes.
- Homeowner concerns.
- Chickens, county issue.
- Annual Budget discussion.
- Board/committee reports.
- Email issues.
Vice-president: Suzanne Merritt
- Suzanne is planning the April Newsletter and needs input, photos, etc. ASAP.
Secretary: James Allen
- Provided the minutes for the 2.8.18 Board meeting for approval with corrections agreed.
Treasurer’s Report: John Chapman
2018-19 Budget Draft 2017-18
Electric: $800.00 $1,800.00
Insurance: $3,500.00 $3,500.00
Landscape Maintenance: $5,000.00 $5,000.00
Dumpsters Spring & Fall: $4,500.00 $4,000.00
Drain Cleaning/Repair: $1,000.00 $1,000.00
Open Space Costs: $6,000.00 $7,500.00
Newsletters & Billing: $2,000.00 $1,750.00
Misc. Projects: $2,000.00 $2,000.00
Total: $24,800.00 $26,550.00
- All bills are paid. Budget to be finalized in April. HOA dues were $115.00 per household for 2017. Invoices will go out the first week of May and are due May 31, 2018.
- John said he would look at the tree that is across the street from his house to see if it's dead. Issue resolved by the property owners.
Environmental Committee: Jonathan Harbaugh
- Jonathan noted he was going to contact the contractor to investigate the dead tree on 99th and Kela Court that has been a issue for some time.
- The contract for landscape maintenance ended on 2.28.18. Jonathan also noted he was going to look at the new contract and any cost increase. John Chapman said 1-2 percent seems to be typical increase. Jonathan checked the two trees that are leaning over paths, doesn't appear to be a safety issue.
Covenant Compliance: Jonathon Handsaker
- Complaints about multiple cars. Jonathon will continue to monitor the situation. Jonathon will send letter to the Airbnb on Cleone Court, party issue appears to be resolved.
Architectural: Josh Gavrich
- Received request for new roof on 9824 Kela court, A motion was made by Neil, to approve, seconded by Josh and All board members approved.
- 10271 100th dr. addition to the home. Owner to submit plans.
- House on 99th and 100th has new fence enclosing trailer.
- Carl Feague planning yard renovation, sent the board plans to review.
- Josh asked if three board members to approve, minor painting, etc., to facilitate Home Owners requests then submit the approval to the board at the next meeting. Neil made a motion to approve seconded by Suzanne and All board members approved.
- House 99th drive reroofing, didn't notify the board for approval, however it's like kind. Non issue.
Eagle Landing: Nancy Hall
- No new news on Eagle Landing.
- CPO; Meeting April 24th 7:00 pm at the Fire Station 9339 SE Causey.
- Nancy noted a bridge should be built on Nancy court & a bridge on Ghia appears to need to be rebuilt as it's seems unsafe. Nancy also noted that WES was clearing debris on 96th & 99th.
Safety: Steve Schroeder
- Noticed a lot of trash laying around by the creek in the area of Kings Way/Nancy's woods. Steve said he was going to clean up the area.
HOA Web Site: Thomas Spathas
- A lot of Spam coming through the site lately, not much can be done. There are issues with gmail accounts not getting through. Transitioning from Weebly. Neighborhood watch involvement & signs going up in his cul-de-sac. Thomas posted the January Minutes on the HOA site.
Adjournment: at 8:37 pm by Neil
Next Regular Board Meetings: April 3, 2018 at 7 pm at the Fire Station. And the first Tuesday of every month that follows except in August and December when there will be no meeting.