Meeting Minutes – 5.4.2021
Location: Virtual meeting
Board Members Present: Neil Gavrich, Josh Gavrich, Jonathan Chapman, Kevin Quick, Steve Schroeder, Mike Brumbach
Board Members Absent: Thomas Spathas, David Nachand, Khristina Powell
Homeowners Present: Dr Karnell McConnell-Black
Call to Order: 7:00pm by President, Neil Gavrich
Approval of Meeting Minutes: Board Meeting April 6th, 2021
A motion was made by Neil Gavrich to approve the April 2021 meeting minutes; all board members present approved.
BOARD OFFICERS/COMMITTEE REPORTS
President: Neil Gavrich
- Tree cutting on 99th. John received follow up regarding trees from the tree service (not an arborist). Trees were described as 2 of 3 being dead. A neighbor also followed up with John, expressing concern regarding the trees. No fine will be imposed based on this, but John will follow up with the homeowner about reasons that approval needs to be obtained ahead of time.
- House on 96th with pitch issue. Arborist is assisting so homeowner is not removing, but will trim to keep tree alive and healthy
- Dead deer in the woods - actually on Emmert property off the end of 102nd - Emmert has been contacted twice and should be removing.
- Yard waste bins - Mostly fine, exception on 93rd Ct. David will follow up with Waste Management about the mixup.
Vice President: Khristina Powell
- Not present
Treasurer: John Chapman
- Invoices going out this week.
- Reported we have 3 houses in foreclosure in the HOA
Secretary: Josh Gavrich
- Josh to follow up with the electrician on the flashing light at King and 98th (only one at this time). Electrician reported not having lights due to lead time.
- Josh to follow up regarding the life of bulbs and if we have the wrong bulb for the application. Did not receive spec sheets from electrician.
- Multiple requests since past meeting:
- Some approval were for simple projects - exterior lighting, painting, retaining wall installation.
- House on Gia Ct approved for tree removals
- 7 cherry trees requested to be removed on house on 99th - Kevin to follow up.
Safety: Steve Schroeder
- Discussion about a flashing stop sign (we had researched before, John to look into it again). People driving fast and not stopping all along 99th. Increased traffic with school in hybrid. Neil to do some research and find ones that have motion sensors so they are not flashing constantly.
- Contacted the fire department about looking at the green space in the future to assess fire hazards in the area.
Covenants: Mike Brumbach
- House on Stevens Ct - trash on outside of house - following up
- 2 houses on 100th Dr - dead trees on property
- New signs - quotes from Fast Signs sent out previously
- Will follow up with other vendors to see about alternate designs. One vendor did not provide quote at this time.
- House with chicken coop on Stacey Ct - Mike to follow up
Adjournment: Meeting adjourned by Neil Gavrich with consent of all present at 8:00pm
Next Regular Board Meeting: June 1st, 2021 7:00PM, likely to be held virtually due to Covid-19. Normal meetings at the Fire Station to be conducted the first Tuesday of the month that follows, except in August and December when there will be no meeting.