Board Meeting of April 4, 2017
Location: Fire Station, 9339 SE Causey
Board Members Present: Neil Gavrich, John Chapman, Dave Gilman, Bob Stallman, Nancy Hall, , Jonathan Harbaugh, Suzanne Merritt, Josh Gavrich
Absent: Jonathan Handsaker
Homeowners Present: Thomas Spathas (manages HOA website), Robert and Sally Robinson, Steve Schroeder
Call to Order: 7:05 pm by President Neil Gavrich
Approval of Meeting Minutes – Board Meeting March 7, 2016
The Board members had the draft minutes available by email. A motion was made by Jonathan Harbaugh to approve the March 7, 2017 minutes as submitted. It was seconded by John Chapman and all Board members present approved.
Sally Robinson said that they had received approval last year to build a fence on their property, but water drainage problems delayed the project. They now want to do a retaining wall about 3 ft high because of the drainage. It was suggested that they hire a knowledgeable contractor and that possibly a County permit is needed. They should notify Josh (Architectural Committee) for review when they are ready to proceed.
BOARD MEMBER/COMMITTE REPORTS
President: Neil Gavrich
- Neil reported he sent Mr. Thomas a letter acknowledging the wavier he has for parking his RV and that he should keep it available if there is a question from future Boards.
- He confirmed with the Fire Station that August 1 was ok for a Board meeting, instead of the original July 4 date.
- He and John Chapman opened a checking account at Umpqua bank, with both of them having account access.
Vice-president: Suzanne Merritt
- Suzanne had no new issues.
Secretary: Dave Gilman
- He provided the minutes for the March 7, 2017 Board meeting for approval.
Treasurer’s Report: John Chapman
- John said he is working with Jonathan Handsaker on covenant violations. Jonathan will do the initial letters for covenant violations. John will send an invoice with the fine amount if the homeowner does not fix the complaint in the given time.
Covenant Violations Report:
- At 9945 SE Gia Court there is a trailer still in the street as of 3/30/17 that will receive a $50 fine.
- At 10416 SE 98 Court the downed tree debris was finally removed after two $50 fines were accessed.
- At 9844 SE Kela Court there is still a car parked in the front yard. The homeowner will get an invoice for a $50 fine as the car has not been moved.
- At 9831 SE King way there is still a Volvo in the driveway that will have a $50 fine.
- The foreclosed house on 98th Court has a driveway with a lot of moss and needs to be cleaned. John will contact the bank.
Environmental Committee: Jonathan Harbaugh
- Jonathan said the dumpsters are set for May 5 at the same locations.
- He discussed a work day for the common area woods. A goal would be clearing the trails.
Covenant Compliance: Jonathan Handsaker
- John Chapman reported on covenants in Jonathan's absence, see above.
Architectural Committee: Josh Gavrich
- Josh reported he now has the hedge trimmer that was authorized. He will work with Carl on where it will be used.
Safety Committee: Bob Stallman
- He reported that traffic to the Mt Scott School was going too fast. He will check with the school principal and ask her to remind the parents of the speed limit.
Eagle Landing: Nancy Hall
- Nancy reviewed the new Eagle landing plan. The new plan does not include the church property. The property east of Stevens includes about 500 condos, a 125 room hotel and office/retail space. She said that the traffic plan still does not seem adequate and may encourage traffic to go thru the HOA neighborhood. Report is attached.
2017 Budget and Dues
John provided a hard copy of the proposed annual budget info, which is attached. The proposed total is $26,550. This gives $114.93 per homeowner and he recommends rounding to $110 to keep the dues the same as last year. The reserves will be just over the proposed annual expenses, which is our goal. May 1 is the beginning of the next fiscal year. He asked if there were any other projects to add. One suggestion is to replace the path lights with LED’s. There was discussion on if the dues should be increased to $120. Neil made a motion to have the 2017-18 dues at $115. John Chapman seconded. Nancy opposed. All other Board members approved.
The Board discussed Jim Graham’s concerned. John noted that most of these have been addressed. He said he had discussed these with Jim.
It was noted to send Dennis articles for the spring newsletter.
Adjournment: at 8:32 pm by Neil
Next Regular Board Meetings: May 2, 2017 at 7 pm at the Fire Station. And each first Tuesday of the month that follows, except in July (meeting moved to August 1) and December.