Meeting Minutes – May 1, 2018
Location: Fire Station, 9339 SE Causey
Board Members Present: Neil Gavrich, John Chapman, James Allen, Nancy Hall, Josh Gavrich, Jonathon Handsaker and Steve Schroeder.
Board Members Absent: Suzanne.
Homeowners Present: Bob Stallman, David Gilman, and Robbie Robinson. Thank you for attending!
Guests: Brandy Reid.
Call to Order: 7:30pm by President Neil Gavrich
Approval of Meeting Minutes – Board Meeting April 3rd 2018
The Board members had the draft minutes available by email. A motion was made by Neil Gavrich to approve the April 3rd meeting minutes, seconded by James and all board members present approved.
David Gilman asked about the Idleman/99th bushes. County has stated the bushes are in compliance. The board sent the homeowner a letter and will look into the covenants further.
BOARD OFFICERS/COMMITTE REPORTS
President: Neil Gavrich
- HOA Annual dues envelopes stuffed, stamped by all members and homeowners attended. Starting at 7:00PM. Meeting followed.
- Approval of April minutes.
- Homeowner concerns.
- 93rd ct. water drainage issues. Mrs. Cunningham sent a email to the board about water run off concerns that could cause damage to their home. A neighbor had created a asphalt berm. Appears this is a county issue. Neil said he will contact the Cunningham’s for clarifications on the situation as well as talk to Thomas about the issues as well.
- Newsletter at the printer.
- Board member / Committee reports
- Neil asked the board about Natalie Harbaugh taking Jonathans place on the board. The board was in agreement. Neil said he would speak with Natalie further.
- Family emergency, Absent. Newsletter completed and sent to printer.
- Suzanne and John met with Andres landscaping to discuss phase III four part plan. Remove all debris piles and large limbs along established bed areas between black topped pathways running between SE 99th Dr. and SE 96th and down to SE Stevens Way. Bark dust established bed areas 3 to 5 feet from pathway to naturalized area with fresh fir bark dust. (Bed width varies along pathways) Estimate 20 cubic yards of 1-1/2" to 3" river rock in select areas. This will clean up the area, keep the negative growth down and look nice for home owners to enjoy the area. Quote $6,900.00. John motioned to approve. Neil seconded and all board members present approved.
- Derrick/99th; John investigating contract with Andres to deal with moss build up and Ivy, spraying could take several months to kill the ivy. Will get a quote on pulling the ivy out and move forward. The East Woods on Cleone is pretty much natural and unused by most folks. Last year the area was cleaned up by HOA members.
- John met with Robbie Robinson at his home about his request for his fifty foot ham radio antenna. Approved. John said he would send SMHOA reserves to be posted in the minutes for everyone's reference.
- Also mentioned Idleman/99th bushes that continue to be an issue. Suggest pursuing in HOA covenants. Mentioned Cleone HOA path, (Eastwoods) that is raised and a hazard. John Chapman suggested pulling the slab. Neil said it may be possible to raise the failing slab.
- Contacted Stoner Electric to investigate the new led light issues. Drop boxes are scheduled for May 11th-14th. Jonathan Resigned. Suggested his Wife Natalie as his replacement. Thank you for all your contributions and hard work.
- 10750 asked about raising the roof line of their home. Josh is going to meet with them to discuss it further. The Powell’s exterior paint colors approved. In March Josh asked that three board members approve, minor painting, exterior projects, etc., to facilitate Home Owner requests. New committee team Josh, Steve and Jonathon will contact the board for guidance and approval as needed on any requests that are more involved.
- Received an email complaint from homeowner on SE Stevens Way about drug paraphernalia found on their property. Appears thrown out of car. Unfortunately not a lot the HOA can do. Steve mentioned people speeding through Stevens road. We may need to contact the County. We were on the list for radar per Bob Stallman. Our Guest, Brandy mentioned notifying the school about the concerns. Steve said he is going to walk all the paths and report any further safety concerns.
- The CPO Boundary/Merger meeting of the Sunnyside CPO with the West Mt Scott CPO happened on April 24th. Attending with me were former Scott Mt HOA board members Dave Gilman and Bob Stallman. A vote was taken by residents of the West Mt Scott CPO who attended the meeting and the merger passed. The Sunnyside CPO had previously voted in favor of the merger. The CPO merger must now be approved by the Board of County Commissioners.
- A meeting was held on April 12th by the North Clackamas School District where the sale of the Altamont property to Prestige Care was upheld.
- Thomas is currently building a new site and plans to send to the HOA for approval.
Adjournment: at 8:55pm by Neil Gavrich.
Next Regular Board Meetings: June 5, 2018 at 7 pm at the Fire Station. And each first Tuesday of the month that follows, except in August and December.