Board Meeting of February 2, 2016
Location: Fire Station, 9339 SE Causey
Board Members Present: Carl Feague, John Short, Nancy Hall, Ted Seble, John Chapman, Dave Gilman, Jim Graham, Jonathan Harbaugh
Homeowners Present: none
Call to Order: 7:05 pm by President Carl Feague
Approval of Meeting Minutes – Board Meeting January 5, 2016
The Board members had the draft minutes available by email. A motion was made by John Short to approve the January 5, 2016 minutes as submitted. It was seconded by John Chapman and all Board members present approved.
BOARD MEMBER REPORTS
President: Carl Feague
- Carl reported on his visit to 10400 SE 98th Court to discuss needed yard work. Knocked on door but no answer. The yard looks worse than ever.
- He checked on the tree removal at 9808 SE Derek Ct. He had previously agree to have a tree the HOA was responsible for cut along with his (lower cost if done together). The HOA tree had not been cut.
Vice-president: Ted Seble
- Ted was present. He said he was recovering from the stroke but still didn’t have full use of his arm. He is moving to Willamette View senior apartments soon so is leaving the Board.
Secretary: Dave Gilman
- He provided the minutes for the January 5, 2016 Board meeting for approval.
Treasurer’s Report: John Chapman
- John Chapman said we were about $9000 ahead of last year at the same time. This is due primarily to not using the money set aside for the drainage work, as it has not been done yet. There have also been some houses sold where the HOA has collected money due. This included an $1800 payment for a fine for a tree that was cut without permission.
- He noted that there are 3 houses behind more than $500 in dues. See attachment for names and amounts. He will send letters to these homeowners saying they have a lien on their property unless they arrange payment.
- He is going to talk to the County dispute resolution department to request a resolution with Ms. Courts, she has not responded to letters.
- The newsletter is to go out in early April and will include the 2016-17 budget. He will work with Dennis.
Environmental Committee: Jonathan Harbaugh/ Jim Graham
- Jonathon reported that he now chairman of this committee. He has met with Jim and walked the woods to become familiar with the current environmental issues.
- He is meeting with Mary of Finishing Touch this week about renewing the landscape contract for the next year. The cost will remain the same. He will ask about cleaning the street drains as needed at an extra charge.
- Drain issue update (partial blockage between Derrick Court and Kela Court) – River City has proposed a different plan from last fall as they don’t have an appropriate root cutter. They are proposing to jet and suction the line which is estimated to cost about $5000. The discussion was to proceed as approved last fall. Jon will get a date to proceed and let the Board know.
- He noted that the dumpsters will be done on the same schedule as last year. The next is May.
- Green space maintenance. Mosaic completed the contracted work last fall. The HOA will need to renew the contract for 2016. It was requested that the contract be more specific on the work to be done.
Covenant Compliance: Vacant
- John Chapman and Carl are taking care of complaints.
Architectural: John Short
- John Short reported Bill Casey had provided his house plans and they were approved. This is the house on 99th that was partly destroyed by fire and is being rebuilt.
- He met with John Fisher at 10113 SE Cleone to review a proposal to build a shed in the back yard. Approved.
- The homeowner at 10698 Se 93th Court is proposing a solar installation. The plans supplied have not been adequate for approval, but recent info looks good.
- John discussed putting a limit on time to cut a tree after it was approved. John Short made a motion to limit approval for 90 days to cut a tree after it was approved by the HOA. It was seconded by John Chapman and all members present approved.
- Carl is checking on street lights.
Eagle Landing: Nancy Hall
- Nancy reported that she and Dave attended the SUN CPO meeting on 2/1/2016. The County Water Environmental Services (WES) made a presentation on the waste water treatment facilities running out of capacity and the proposed upgrade to increase the solid's handling facilities. The Clackamas Community College foundation presented an update on the new facilities being added due the bond approval last year. This includes tearing down the old building on Harmony campus and building a new building with 10 classrooms. The County Transportation Department made a presentation on needed road maintenance and funding options. The County Commissioners are proposing a 7 year registration fee of $25 per vehicle per year.
- Other reports from Nancy:
- Altamont – Prestige Care Development: Scheduled to be reviewed by LUBA on 2/11/16
- Meridien View Development: Approximately 23 homes to be built between 92nd and 96th. Developer currently looking at meeting wet lands regulations.
- Eagle Landing: Latest update from Happy Valley is that one of the developers (Veritas) has not signed back on to the Master Plan application and application was returned to them. H.V. Reports they have not received any new Master Plans or revised Traffic Impact Analysis from Eagle Landing developers.
- Stray Dog: Stray Australian Cattle dog was at County Animal Control for one day before being returned to rescue shelter that previously had custody. Dog is now with a family that will probably adopt the dog.
Adjournment: at 8:24 pm by Carl
Next Regular Board Meetings: March 1, 2016 at 7 pm at the Fire Station. And each first Tuesday of the month that follows, except in August and December.