Board Meeting of February 7, 2017
Location: Fire Station, 9339 SE Causey
Board Members Present: Neil Gavrich, John Chapman, Dave Gilman, Bob Stallman, Nancy Hall, Josh Gavrich, Jonathon Handsaker, Suzanne Merritt, Jonathan Harbaugh
Absent: All members present
Homeowners Present: Thomas Spathas (manages HOA website), Steve Schroder, Jim Graham (see attached list)
Call to Order: 7:05 pm by President Neil Gavrich
Approval of Meeting Minutes – Board Meeting January 3, 2017
The Board members had the draft minutes available by email. A motion was made by Suzanne to approve the January 3, 2017 minutes as submitted. It was seconded by John and all Board members present approved.
Covenant Violations – John Chapman
Below are complaints that have been received recently.
- 9830 SE King Way – Volvo in disrepair in the driveway. A letter was sent to the homeowner but no response yet.
- 9825 SE Kela Ct – motor cycles in front under tarps.
- Jim reported a car at 9944 SE Kela Court setting on lawn. The house also has propane tanks on the porch. The house next door also has junk in front at 9864 SE Kela Court.
- 10670 SE Stevens Way – There is a VW in disrepair in the drive way.
- 10416 SE 98th Ct – A tree came down across the driveway during the storm. John Short cut it in to pieces and moved to the side to unblock the drive way. The pieces have not been removed yet. John Chapman will send a letter requesting the yard be cleaned.
- John will work with Jonathon to sent letters to the above.
- There is a possible violation at 9727 SE King Way. Construction is being done and there is a porta-potty in the street. It was agreed to let them have until the end of February to resolve complaint. Josh will talk to the homeowners.
Green Space Maintenance Tools
Neil said that at the last meeting we had discussed buying a trimmer for use in the common area. Josh said a heavy duty tool would be about $160. John Chapman made a motion to buy a heavy duty tool for use in the common area. It was seconded by Neil. All Board members present approved.
July Meeting Date (On July 4 Holiday)
The July meeting will be moved to August. Neil will check on the meeting space availability.
- John is giving meeting announcement signs to Suzanne. It was agreed that each Board member will take care of the sign placement near their house.
- It was discussed including trash bins at same time as the yard debris dumpsters are provided for the homeowners. Jonathon will check on price.
It was noted that some homeowners had suggested removing the snow on the streets during the recent storm. There was some general discussion and the conclusion was it was not practical for the HOA to do this.
Spathas Water Drainage Concern
This occurs on the path between 93 and 95th Court. There is a steep slope and the water runs into the Spathas’ yard. There was discussion about the source of water and how to stop it, but there were no apparent solutions. John Chapman will talk to the County.
BOARD MEMBER REPORTS
President: Neil Gavrich
- Neil reported that there were several path lights out. He has purchased some blubs and will replace the bad ones when the weather permits.
Vice-president: Suzanne Merritt
- Suzanne reported that she determined the holiday lighting contest winners and passed out the awards. She had one award left to present.
Secretary: Dave Gilman
- He provided the minutes for the January 2017 Board meeting for approval.
Treasurer’s Report: John Chapman
- John said he would bring the annual budget info to the next meeting.
Environmental Committee: Jonathan Harbaugh
- Jonathon talked to the Mosaic owner. This is the company doing the green space maintenance. He explained about spraying in winter. What he uses will take effect quickly so it won’t wash off. He uses a mixture of chemicals. We will not see any effect till warmer weather when the plants start to grow. John Chapman said the problems about what work was done could have been avoided if he had been notified so he could have viewed the work as it was done, as was requested. The cost limit given to Mosaic was to be $2700 but the bill was for $2796. John Chapman made a motion to pay just the $2700. It was seconded by Neil and all Board members present approved. There was discussion that we should explore other providers next spring, but this was tabled until the next meeting. .
Covenant Compliance: Jonathon Handsaker
- Jonathon said there were some parking complaints. This was discussed under the covenant section above. The other issue was the car parking on the street on 97th. The owner just keeps moving the car across the street.
Architectural: Josh Gavrich
- Josh discussed requests under covenants discussion above.
Safety: Bob Stallman
- He reported that he could not get anyone to look at termites until spring.
- He also asked County about placing a radar speed monitor on 99th. He added our area to the County placement list.
Eagle Landing: Nancy Hall
- She went to SUN CPO meeting last night. The new County Commissioner (Humberston) came to the meeting and had many interesting ideas.
- Eagle Landing status. Currently the city is working on a report, which will recommend denial of the project plan. The problem is still the transportation plan which does not adequately address traffic flow. The Happy Valley Planning Commission hearing is still on for March 14. It was discussed if the HOA Board should send a letter to the City about our traffic concerns and supporting denial of the project plan. Neil said he would work with Nancy.
Adjournment: at 8:50 pm by Neil
Next Regular Board Meetings: March 7, 2017 at 7 pm at the Fire Station. And each first Tuesday of the month that follows, except in August and December.