Board Meeting of January 5, 2016
Location: Fire Station, 9339 SE Causey
Board Members Present: Carl Feague, John Short, Nancy Hall, Ted Seble, John Chapman, Dave Gilman,
Absent: Jim Graham
Homeowners Present: Jim O’Leary, Bob Stallman, Bill Casey (see attachment)
Call to Order: 7:05 pm by President Carl Feague
Jonathan Harbaugh was invited to fill a vacant position on the Board and he accepted. A motion was made by Carl to have Jonathan on the Board as the Environmental Committee chair. It was seconded by Ted and all Board members present approved. .Dave offered to help on the Environmental Committee.
Approval of Meeting Minutes – Board Meeting November 3, 2015
The Board members had the draft minutes available by email. A motion was made by Carl to approve the November 3, 2015 minutes as submitted. It was seconded by Ted and all Board members present approved.
Bill Casey, whose house was burned and partly destroyed, attended. He said his house was being rebuilt with some minor changes (upgrades to current standards) and would be slightly larger. He said he sent the plans by email to John Short for review. John said he would make sure Bill was using the correct email address as he had not received them yet.
BOARD MEMBER REPORTS
President: Carl Feague
- Carl reported on the discussion with Victor Tikhonov to remove an HOA tree adjacent to his property. Victor agreed to have the tree cut along with one on his property and the HOA will pay for the one in the common area. He was sent a check for $650.
- Carl reported on the status of the bridges in the common area after the heavy rain in December. The association bridges are still there but the creek bed was widened and deepened.
- He asked the Board members if they were ok with their current roles. Board members all said they would continue in their current jobs. It was noted that Jim would be transitioning his duties as Environmental chair over to Jonathon.
Vice-president: Ted Seble
- Ted said he had a stroke during the holidays, but he was doing OK now, but with some loss of use of his arm.
Secretary: Dave Gilman
- He provided the minutes for the November 3, 2015 Board meeting for approval.
- John Chapman said the Christmas decoration contest winners were:
Special – 10824 SE 95th Court
Creative Design – 10496 SE 98th Court
Holiday Sprit – 10075 SE Stevens Court
Color Explosion 10832 SE Stacy Court
Griswold –? SE Derrick Court
- Summary of Letters Sent to Homeowners for Violations:
Tarp on car at 10226 SE 100th Drive
Send letter to owner about barking dog at 10602 SE 94 court.
- Financial Summary: The HOA has about $40,000 in bank. This is higher than last year at this time due to the funds set aside for drainage repair. The work has not been done yet so the funds are still in the account.
- John Chapman reported on the need for a second person to sign checks in case the Treasurer is not available. John will check with Chase Bank about adding Carl to the signature list.
Environmental Committee: Jim Graham
- Jim absent.
- Jonathon will take over this committee after training from Jim.
- Jim will continue work on the Finishing Touch contract for the landscaping duties.
Covenant Compliance: Vacant
- John Chapman and Carl are taking care of complaints.
Architectural: John Short
- John Short reported the following items:
The homeowner at 10486 SE 93rd requested to remove a tree which was causing drainage problems. It was approved.
At 10763 SE 95rd the homeowner requested the removal of a large tree next to street which blocked the sewer line and was on top of the power feed. John reviewed this with Carl before approval was given.
- John Chapman reported on a tree that was cut in violation of covenants. He said that the house was sold recently and the seller would pay the fine at closing.
- John Short noted that the house on 95th had requested to cut trees to install solar panels and the request was denied. The solar panel installers had asked for information on the approval process and John responded.
- Carl is checking on street lights.
Eagle Landing: Nancy Hall
- Nancy reported that she went to a waste water treatment meeting which is the sewer provider for our area. She noted that the treatment plants needs to increase capacity due to the area growth.
- She reported on a stray dog that had been staying in the common area. She called County Animal Control. They provided a trap for Nancy to try. The dog was caught and County took him and will put him in the adoption process.
Carl asked if the Board had any projects to take on. There was some discussion of the possibilities and it was agreed to continue at the next meeting.
John had previously mentioned cleaning the streets once a year, as this would remove build up debris. It would cost about $1100 per cleaning. Another project would be to set aside additional funds for the green space, as removing ivy and other invasive plants.
Carl said he had asked Dennis (former president) if he was interested in receiving Board emails and coming back on the Board at some point. The Board said this was a good idea and approved.
Adjournment: at 7:58 pm by Carl
Next Regular Board Meetings: February 2, 2016 at 7 pm at the Fire Station. And each first Tuesday of the month that follows, except in August and December.