Board Meeting of July 12, 2016
Location: Fire Station, 9339 SE Causey
Board Members Present: John Short, Carl Feague, Dennis Shaffer, John Chapman, Dave Gilman, Jonathan Harbaugh, Bob Stallman, Nancy Hall
Homeowners Present: Jim Graham, Robert and Sally Robinson
Call to Order: 7:07 pm by President Carl Feague
Approval of Meeting Minutes – Board Meeting July 12, 2016
The Board members had the draft minutes available by email. A motion was made by Carl to approve the June 7, 2016 minutes as submitted. It was seconded by John Chapman and all Board members present approved.
BOARD MEMBER REPORTS
President: Carl Feague
- Carl reported that Pamela Cunningham offered to be a welcome person for the HOA. It was agreed by all members to decline the offer, as we are not interested in doing that service.
- Carl reported that on “July 2, John Short, myself, and former Board member Jim Graham, visited the drain site. Jim confirmed that the drain is owned by the HOA. John feels that the $50k bid is reasonable for the scope and market. We concluded by deciding to ask John Nagey of WES to revisit the site and validate our concept. With that done we will get additional bids for presentation to the Board for consideration. See additional discussion under Jonathon’s report.
- He started a discussion about hiring a private company to run the HOA. It would be expensive and it would better to have it done by volunteers. We should come up with ideas to encourage volunteerism for the next meeting. We should prepare for the annual meeting in October.
Vice-president: Dennis Shaffer
- Dennis reported about the raccoon problem. They are showing up during the day in larger numbers. County vector control may have some info and Dennis will check.
Secretary: Dave Gilman
- He provided the minutes for the June 7, 2016 Board meeting for approval.
- He requested updates for Board of Directors list.
- He reported that there was dead deer in the common area above 100th Drive near Idleman road. It was suggested to call the County animal control. Dave will check into options.
Treasurer’s Report: John Chapman
- John reported on HOA finances. We have cash accounts of $53,425. See attached report showing amounts and dues status. There are two houses in foreclosure, so if the banks takes it back we lose past dues. If the homeowner is more than $500 behind in dues the HOA will do a lien.
- He has gotten estimates for the green belt signs of about $450. There was discussion about what the signs should say. The purpose was to document our authority to keep campers out. A motion was made to purchase signs up to $500 for the common area by Jonathon and seconded by Dennis. All approved. It will say “Private Property Scott Mt HOA”.
- He noted the house on Stevens now has two VW’s in the driveway. It was agreed he should send a letter saying they should be removed.
- He noted the house with the taxi cabs on 99th. They are building structures next to the street as well as parking extra cars. John Short said that the people in the house across Idleman are parking in our neighborhood which is causing a safety concern. It was agreed the HOA should sent a letter.
Environmental Committee: Jonathan Harbaugh/ (Jim Graham was present for this discussion)
- He reported that River City suggested running the pipe on the ground to the street drain for a short term fix. This would not work for several reasons, including it would have to be across a homeowners property. The complete fix would cost more than the HOA can pay. John Chapman will check to see if the HOA can borrow to complete the work. It was noted that we should get 2 other bids for the work. John Short suggested looking at smaller contractors. Jim Graham said he would contact John Nagey at WES about options. Jim suggested registered letters be sent to homeowners bordering the work before it is started. Discussions will continue via email as there is no Board meeting in August.
Covenant Compliance: Vacant
- John Chapman and Carl are taking care of complaints.
Architectural: John Short absent
- John reported he approved removal of the tree that was severely cut (discussed at previous Board meeting) at the Bjork home on 10744 SE 95th Court.
- He Met with Amy and Paul Malone at 10011SE 100th Drive and approved removal of various trees.
- He reported that he is tracking termites in the woods. It may require cutting infected trees.
- He contacted the County to get a radar speed sign on Stevens. It may take up to a year.
Eagle Landing: Nancy Hall
- Nancy reported nothing new on Eagles Landing.
Adjournment: at 8:40 pm by Carl
Next Regular Board Meetings: September 6, 2016 at 7 pm at the Fire Station. And each first Tuesday of the month that follows, except in August and December.