Meeting Minutes – July 10, 2018
Final Approved: 9.4.2018
Location: Fire Station, 9339 SE Causey
Board Members Present: Neil Gavrich, Suzanne Merritt, John Chapman, James Allen, Nancy Hall, Josh Gavrich, Jonathan Handsaker, Steve Schroeder and Natalie Harbaugh.
Board Members Absent: None.
Homeowners Present: Thomas Spathas, Jennifer and David Nachand new homeowners, and Dave Gilman. Thank you for attending!
Call to Order: 6:59 pm by President Neil Gavrich
Approval of Meeting Minutes – Board Meeting June 5th 2018
The Board members had the draft minutes available by email. A motion was made by Neil Gavrich to approve the June 5th meeting minutes, seconded by Suzanne and all board members approved.
- Jennifer and David Nachand asked if Josh could take a look at a tree they have, roots are raising the driveway and needs to be removed. Josh was going to meet with them.
BOARD OFFICERS/COMMITTEE REPORTS
President: Neil Gavrich
- Approval of the June Minutes.
- National Night out block party. 7th and 8th.
- Home owner concerns; Vaugh Fuller; Shed, driveway, and tree.
- National Night Out plans; Bounce house and popcorn machine, hot dogs and snacks, raffle tickets, all within projected budget of $750.00. Event will be located at 99th and king way. Josh G. said power could be plugged into his home. Neil’s wife to give direct neighbors flyers on the event.
Vice-president: Suzanne Merritt
- Sent out postcard notices to the HOA for the National Night Out.
- Suzanne said she'd email Thomas the postcard to post on the HOA website.
- Susan Lopez emailed the board about needles found on 100th and 99th. Suzanne replied to Susan.
Treasurer’s Report: John Chapman
- John noted that 78% of homeowners paid to date. Down from last year.
- Sent a yard maintenance letter to homeowner and appears much has been taken care of.
- Also noted he will go through the contract with Andres and has held back payment until the areas that have been in question are dealt with. Andres comes every other Monday.
- John is going to talk with the home owners about the chickens again.
- May find out if any boy scouts do any clean up, such as removing the IVY from areas within the HOA.
Secretary; James Allen
- Provided the June 5th meeting minutes.
- James is going go to the county for clarification on the chicken issue as the board continues to get complaints.
- James asked the board via email about clarifications when emails come in from home owners, who should handle those emails and in what time line if sent directly to the board not individually. Neil handles those emails and sends to appropriate member or replies himself. Also asked about record keeping between members. John C. suggested a combined records file.
- Jennifer Nachand suggested a folder where all members have access to drop records into. James also asked about out sourcing board duties, pro and cons. John and Neil gave a good overview.
Environmental Committee: Natalie Harbaugh.
- Received complaints about trees planted in green space finger off Stevens Dr. Blocking the pathway. Unknown who planted them. The board agreed these need to be removed. Free Douglas trees for any one that wants them!
- Natalie is going to call Clays to remove decayed tree and ask them to take a look at another dead tree for a professional opinion. (Didn’t get into detail on this one as that homeowner may be looking at the mins and disregard clays discount altogether)
Covenant Compliance: Jonathan Handsaker
- Sent letters to several home owners in regard to complaints received.
Architectural: Josh Gavrich
- Josh and his kids put together the new picnic table together last week.
- Vaugh Fuller request to build new sheds, driveway and plant trees. Josh and the team will keep in contact with the owners during the process. Josh and Neil looked at infected birch trees and agreed they were dying. Approved taking them down.
- On SE Stevens way Fence and deck replacement. Appears to be like kind. Home Owners didn't get approval. May be sent a letter reminding them they need to get prior approval for future projects. Josh received requests to repaint exteriors from owners on Stevens and 99th. Colors, Gray and a Metallic gray, Approved.
Safety: Steve Schroeder
- The Principal at Mt. Scott Elementary contacted Steve in regard to Safe routes grant the school received, in which Steve was invited to do a walk around to determine safe walking/bike routes to the school.
Eagle Landing/CPO: Nancy Hall
- The Board of County Commissioners meeting to discuss the merger of Sunnyside and West Mt. Scott CPOs has been changed to July 17th at 2:30 pm at the Public Service Building in Oregon City.
- Clackamas Fire District #1 is having a grand opening of their new Fleet and Logistics building on Monday July 30th from 10 AM -1 PM. The address is 15800 SE 130th Ave.
- The public is invited to an open house to learn about the County’s plan to reconstruct 90th Ave between Monterey Ave and Causey Ave in 2020. The meeting is on July 12th, 5-7 PM at the clubhouse at the Reflections Apartments, 8800 SE Causey Loop.
- EAGLE LANDING: Last week the developers filed an amended Master Plan. The previous 695,000 square feet has not changed. What has changed is they have reduced the amount of land they plan to build on from 17.7 acres to 12.02 acres. All development would be located on the west end of the property by Stevens Road. They eliminated one access point that was around the curve on Monterey. The buildings would all be taller because of the more condensed space. There should be an upcoming hearing about these changes at Happy Valley.
HOA Web Site and Homeowner Participant: Thomas Spathas manages the site.
- Since the site issues have been resolved, the site will not be rebuilt.
Homeowner Participant: Dave Gilman.
- Dave saw some teenagers that were riding ATVs through the HOA common area and advised them this is HOA common area and the HOA didn't want motorized vehicles in these areas as it could mess up the trails and scare people walking with dogs. The teenagers were nice and said they didn't know and had been told by a neighbor that it was county property so it was alright to use it. The board agreed the commons are not for motorized vehicles.
Adjournment: at 8:55pm by Neil Gavrich.
Next Regular Board Meetings: September 4th, 2018 at 7 pm at the Fire Station and each first Tuesday of the month that follows, except in August and December when there will be no meeting.