Board Meeting of June 6, 2017
Location: Fire Station, 9339 SE Causey
Board Members Present: Neil Gavrich, John Chapman, Dave Gilman, Bob Stallman, Nancy Hall, Jonathon Handsaker, Suzanne Merritt, Josh Gavrich,
Absent: Jonathan Harbaugh
Homeowners Present: Steve Schroeder, Huey Khuue
Call to Order: 7:04 pm by President Neil Gavrich
Approval of Meeting Minutes – Board Meeting May 2, 2017
The Board members had the draft minutes available by email. A motion was made by Neil to approve the May 2, 2017 minutes as submitted. It was seconded by Suzanne and all Board members present approved.
HOMEOWNER ISSUES - None
BOARD OFFICIERS - COMMITTE REPORTS
President: Neil Gavrich
- Neil reported he checked the status of the yard at house for sale on Stevens Court. The yard has been adequately cared for.
- He will check on a sun shade in drive way on Kela Court.
Vice-president: Suzanne Merritt
- Suzanne reported that there is a new neighbor on her street and he is interested in coming to the next meeting.
Secretary: Dave Gilman
- He provided the minutes for the May 2, 2017 Board meeting for approval.
- He said that he saw a tree in the common area with yellow caution tape on it. It was noted that the homeowner at 9963 SE Nancy Court was concerned about safety. The HOA does not normally review trees in the common area. There is a need for an arborist to check the tree to see if there is a safety issue. John will check the property line to see if the tree is in the common area to determine whose responsibility it is.
- Suzanne asked about uneven sidewalks on Nancy Court. Previous discussions were reviewed.
Treasurer’s Report: John Chapman
- John said about 2/3 of the homeowners had paid their dues.
- He is moving money from the Chase account into the Umpqua account as the CD’s come due. We now have a credit card which will make purchasing items easier.
- John provided info from Jonathon Harbaugh on redoing the lights in the common area. He has an estimate for replacing the existing bulbs with LEDS. He was quoted $7700 for 40 lights or about $150 per fixture. There is a possible $40 rebate per fixture from Energy Trust of Oregon. John will send our questions to Jonathon.
Environmental Committee: Jonathan Harbaugh
- Jonathon is absent.
Covenant Compliance: Jonathon Handsaker (had to leave early)
- Jonathon said he had a contact about a car parked on the curb on 100th. But it was gone when he went by.
- John Chapman said he had a note about a boat in view on 95th. It will be checked.
- here was a concern from a homeowner about the Bank owned home on 98th. The concern has been addressed.
- He received an email about kids making noise at the child care business on Stevens Court. He will send a courtesy letter to the business owner.
Architectural: Josh Gavrich
- Josh reported he has received a number of requests for painting, etc. He will email us with info about how the request is resolved, in case anyone asked us.
- A homeowner on Cleone court is changing his driveway and has approval to do so.
Safety: Bob Stallman
- He has received some reports about barking dogs. John Chapman will send the form letter to Jonathan Handsaker so he can send letter to the dog owners.
Eagle Landing: Nancy Hall
- Nancy and Dave attended the Sunnyside United Neighbors (SUN) CPO meeting last night. She discussed the main issues presented. They are:
- The County Transportation representative discussed the safety program “Drive to Zero”.
- The Water Environmental Service (WES) discussed future plans, including a new digester at Oregon City plant to add capacity for future area growth.
- The executive director of the NW Watershed Council to talk about Mt. Scott Creek and is looking for volunteers to participate.
- The County is looking at Transitional housing in the light industrial area near Jennifer Avenue. This will give priority to veterans and will be a small house/village setting. The Planning hearing will be July 10.
- The City of Happy Valley reports that the Eagle Landing master plan is still incomplete.
HOA Web Site: Thomas Spathas.
- Thomas was absent.
- A homeowner had a question about a bush size Holly Tree in his front yard. It was agreed he can remove it (not big enough to require review).
- Another homeowner asked who to talk to about house colors. He will talk to Josh.
- The bank owned house on 100th is now having its yard mowed. John Chapman is going to find the contact and who to send dues to.
Adjournment: at 8:42 pm by Neil
Next Regular Board Meetings: August 1, 2017 at 7 pm at the Fire Station. And each first Tuesday of the month that follows, except in July (meeting moved to August) and December.