Meeting Minutes – 6.1.2021
Location: Virtual meeting
Board Members Present: Neil Gavrich, Josh Gavrich, Jonathan Chapman, Kevin Quick, Steve Schroeder, Khristina Powell
Board Members Absent: Thomas Spathas, David Nachand, Mike Brumbach,
Homeowners Present: Chuck Zwick, Chris Duffin
Call to Order: 7:01pm by President, Neil Gavrich
Approval of Meeting Minutes: Board Meeting May 4th, 2021
- A motion was made by Neil Gavrich to approve the May 2021 meeting minutes (with previously emailed corrections); all board members present approved.
- Chris: Large improvement / Remodel (plans submitted early May to the board). Discussion about vehicle lift being installed in lower garage portion (to be used for personal use, not commercial). Discussion about timeline of construction. Chris hoping to finish this year, but still waiting on permits to begin moving forward on parts of the project. Board approved tentative design. Will continue to keep in touch with Architecture chair during process
- Chuck: Issues with lights being damaged - video sent to board of one instance of person walking through his property. Wanting to install a black chain link fence to keep people out of his yard. Board approved install of fence
BOARD OFFICERS/COMMITTEE REPORTS
President: Neil Gavrich
- Not enough time to report
Vice President: Khristina Powell
- Not enough time to report
Treasurer: John Chapman
- Roughly $19k in dues paid so far (better than previous years)
Secretary: Josh Gavrich
- Path lights to be replaced this week (Josh to follow up and make sure)
Multiple requests since past meeting:
- 7 cherry trees requested to be removed on house on 99th. Homeowner does intend to replace “some” trees, but wants to remove “non-native” ones
Safety: Steve Schroeder
- Meeting with Fire Department about green spaces. Fire department assessment is that our green spaces are predominantly well positioned if a fire exists in the area. Tree limbs <10 ft from ground should be removed. Cleanup of ground cover looks good, but picking up broken branches and leaves would help to suppress fires. Ferns (which we are abundant with) are great due to fire resistant nature. Worst area is SW end of east woods (very overgrown). Steve to look into some companies for helping us clear out the area (limbs, ground cover, etc). Steve to write up a blurb to communicate on the website and facebook about the fire department assessment.
- Discussion about a flashing stop sign. Neil to do some more research and find ones that Happy Valley uses so we can match those.
- Not present
Adjournment: Meeting adjourned by Neil Gavrich with consent of all present at 7:40pm
Next Regular Board Meeting: July 6th, 2021 7:00PM, likely to be held virtually due to Covid-19. Normal meetings at the Fire Station to be conducted the first Tuesday of the month that follows, except in August and December when there will be no meeting.