Board Meeting of March 2, 2016
Location: Fire Station, 9339 SE Causey
Board Members Present: Carl Feague, John Short, Nancy Hall, Ted Seble, John Chapman, Dave Gilman, Jonathan Harbaugh
Absent: Jim Graham
Homeowners Present: Vanessa Nichols (see attachment)
Call to Order: 7:05 pm by President Carl Feague
Approval of Meeting Minutes – Board Meeting February 2, 2016
The Board members had the draft minutes available by email. A motion was made by John Short to approve the February 2, 2016 minutes as submitted. It was seconded by John Chapman and all Board members present approved.
BOARD MEMBER REPORTS
President: Carl Feague
- Carl reported on his visit with Victor Tikhonov (2/14) 9808 SE Derek Ct. Mr. Tikhonov had removed his two dead trees, but not the dead HOA tree as agreed. He agreed to refund the $650 to the HOA (2/17). Carl contacted Thomas of Clay’s Tree service for a bid (1/19). His bid for $750 was approved by email and the tree was removed.
- He received a complaint call about a trailer full of trash at 10136 SE Stevens Court (2/19). He visited the resident with the trailer and obtained a guarantee that the problem would be resolved within seven days. The complaining party said they were behind in HOA dues and paid $400.
- He policed the HOA area and sent the violations to John Chapman.
- He brought up the issue of putting Private Property signs on the common area boundaries based on concern that homeless were in the area. This was discussed and it was suggested some legal advice would be helpful. John Chapman said he knew a lawyer and would ask.
Vice-president: Ted Seble /Dennis Shaffer - Newsletter
- Ted talked to a lady on King Way about her trash cans being visible from the street. He noted there is also an issue with the corner house on 97th not cleaning between their fence and the street, and the street drain.
- Dennis said he needs dates of events for the spring newsletter. John Chapman said the newsletter should be out after the April meeting but before May 1 to coincide with the dues statements. Dennis also said he would like articles for the newsletter. He suggested removing the blue cones from the trees that were planted several years ago. It was discussed to do this as a volunteer activity, with an announcement in the newsletter.
Secretary: Dave Gilman
- He provided the minutes for the February 2, 2016 Board meeting for approval.
- He noted that there a tarp in the common area covering something behind a house off 99th, about 3 houses up from Stevens.
Treasurer’s Report: John Chapman
- John Chapman provided the projected budget for 2016-17 with a comparison with expenses for this year to date. The unknown expense is how much will be spent on the drain repair. We need to decide on the budget at the April meeting, making best guess on what the expenses will be.
- Jonathon suggested adding some money for cleaning the street drains. He has finished negotiating the landscape contract at the same price, except for any extra work.
Environmental Committee: Jonathan Harbaugh/ Jim Graham
- Jonathon plans to tackle the Mosaic work needed for this year after the drain issue is settled. This is the green space upkeep.
- Jonathan provided an update on the drain work currently being done between Derek Court and Kela Court. He explained that the bell housing that was thought to be an overflow device is not. It is just the connection between pipe sections where water was coming out because the bell housing had a leak. The contractor used a cutter to try to get thru the root ball in the pipe but was not successful, even with changing to the most aggressive bit. We have $1600 in charges now. A proposal was to use the aggressive bit another day. Another day’s work would cost $1600. An alternative is to replace the pipe in segments without additional jetting. John Short said the first step would be to find the location of the pipe (the pipe depth and where it connects to the County drain) using a scope. It was discussed that cottonwood trees have very aggressive roots and removing the tree would help with the drain work. He will check into getting rid of the tree with root ball and estimates to replace pipe. John Chapman made a motion for Jonathon to contract for some scoping to determine the pipe location costing up to $800. John Short seconded and all Board members present approved.
Covenant Compliance: Vacant
- John Chapman and Carl are taking care of complaints.
Architectural: John Short
- John Short reported he approved shingles and paint colors for Robert Randel at 10306 SE 100th Drive.
- He approved the removal of a dead cherry tree for Larry Nelson at 10496 SE 98th Court.
- He approved the solar panel install for Karen Declercque at 10685 SE 93rd Court.
- It was noted that when cutting a tree is approved it must be completed within 90 days.
- Carl is checking on street lights.
Eagle Landing: Nancy Hall
- Nancy reported that the Luba opinion on the Prestige Care senior apartments at Altamont is expected on March 17.
- La Noue LLC is in the process of acquiring the lot at 92 and Johnson Creek Blvd, but no project has been announced.
Adjournment: at 8:37 pm by Carl
Next Regular Board Meetings: April 5, 2016 at 7 pm at the Fire Station. And each first Tuesday of the month that follows, except in August and December.