Meeting Minutes – 5.7.2019
Location: Fire Station, 9339 SE Causey
Board Members Present: Neil Gavrich, John Chapman, James Allen, Nancy Hall, Josh Gavrich, David Nachand and Steve Schroeder.
Board Members Absent: Khristina Powell.
Homeowners Present: Philip, Shanti and Lincoln Kriens. Flavino Reyes and Eli Elder, Architect for Mr. Reyes. Dave Gilman and Jim Graham.
Call to Order: 7:02pm by President Neil Gavrich.
Approval of Meeting Minutes – Board Meeting April 2nd 2019
The Board members had the draft minutes available by email. A motion was made by President Neil Gavrich to approve the April 2nd 2019 meeting minutes, seconded by James and all board members present approved.
Home Owner Concerns:
- Philip and Shanti Kriens, Shanti mentioned they had pulled some ivy from trees. Philip asked for a copy of the Elkhorn Management plan, James said he'd email him a copy.
- Shanti offered to help in the upcoming block party in August.
- Jim Graham asked about the Elkhorn Management Plan and homes in covenant violation. See attached letter that went out with dues invoices.
- Dave Gilman asked questions about the exterior remodel on 93rd and mentioned he saw an article where the County was planning a meeting on short term rentals.
BOARD OFFICERS/COMMITTEE REPORTS
President: Neil Gavrich
- Dues envelopes. All board members and attendees stuffed envelopes.
- Approval of April minutes.
- Sidewalk/Curb project. This has been scheduled for June 24th-28th 2019.
- Electrical fixes.
- Landscaping contract updates.
- Block party. Scheduled for August. Neil motioned for 1,000.00 budget, John seconded and all members present approved.
- Quorum requirement discussion: Discussed that the bylaws do not provide a clear path to conduct official business outside of meetings. Board will continue to operate with the regular or emergency meetings being the official place of action. Email/phone discussions will be limited to regular committee business and carrying out previously approved projects and efforts.
- Homeowner concerns.
- 98th Court yard.
- 10705 SE 93rd Court architectural review.
- 10002 SE 99th Dr. Happy Valley.
Board Member committee reports.
Vice-president: Khristina Powell
Khristina completed the Spring newsletter.
Treasurer’s Report: John Chapman
Prepared dues invoices. Involved with all discussions.
Secretary: James Allen
Noted that Josh had mentioned flickering lights in Nancy's Woods. Contacted Parkin to come back out. The bulb was replaced and wiring reversed. All seems to be working as of this date. The board agreed it makes sense to repair the pole signs over replacing the entire system.
Environmental Committee: David Nachand
Dave and John are going to be working on getting quotes for clean up on 98th CT as well as HOA common area landscape maintenance. Dave ordered yard debris dumpsters to be delivered in the same areas as last year.
- 100th Drive near 10246
- 99th Ave near 10312
- King Way near 10493
- Kela Place near 9911
- Gia Court near 9905
- 96th Ave near 10558
- 96th Ct. near 10757
Covenant Compliance: Jonathan Handsaker
Jonathan noted he sent letters out, heard back from one neighbor via email. Said he would call and talk with the neighbor. Involved in discussions.
Architectural: Josh Gavrich
- Josh approved a potentially dangerous tree to be removed on Kela Place. The owner noted the tree has leaned quite a bit over the last few years and roots are pulling up.
- Neighbors on 100th are planning interior remodel, should take a few months, may have more vehicles in the area during the project.
- Neighbor Mr. Reyes, on 93rd court is planning an exterior remodel. Submitted plans to the board and had his architect in attendance for any questions. John Chapman motioned for approval with the condition that final materials selections are approved by the Architectural committee, and any changes be submitted to the board. James seconded and all members present approved.
Safety: Steve Schroeder
Steve received a cement quote from Mike’s Custom Concrete, LLC. Steve asked John Short’s opinion on the quote. John walked the areas and agreed the quote was fair. John Chapman motioned to approve the project, Neil seconded and all members present approved.
Eagle Landing/CPO: Nancy Hall
Nancy mentioned she was unable to open minutes sent from James, had her tech check her computer, all checked out. James will check on this.
HOA Web Site and Homeowner Participant: Thomas Spathas. Corrected frozen email issues and tested all emails. All is working correctly.
HOA Covenant Letter:
The following letter was sent with the due’s invoices.
Dear Scott Mountain Homeowner,
After much discussion the HOA Board has decided to focus more on covenant enforcement this year than we have in recent years. This is in order to help improve and maintain the look of our neighborhood, which we all enjoy. As volunteers and homeowners here ourselves we would prefer to not have to send any covenant violation letters, however we continue to see a number of violations that we feel need addressed.
The Covenants and Rules and Fines can be found at http://www.scottmountainhoa.com/covenants--bylaws.html. As you can see, the requirements here, which we each agreed to when purchasing a home in the HOA are reasonable and relatively easy to comply with.
Board Members have recently started regular group walks of the neighborhood to identify house's in need of reminder or covenant violation letter. Our general procedure is to send a home owner a reminder letter and ask for them to correct the issue within 5 days. Fines can be assessed if the homeowner does not correct the issue in a timely manner and/or in the case of repeated violations. Our preference is really to not fine people and just have things corrected in a timely manner, and not become repetitious.
Common violations we have seen on our recent walks and /or recent violations of significance:
- Trash cans are to be brought in within a day of pickup and placed off to the side of the house, preferably behind a fence if one exists.
- All removal of trees over 6" diameter at 5' height require HOA approval prior to removal. Fines for violation are based on diameter of stump and can be quite high. Please contact the Architectural committee if you need to remove a tree.
- Boats and RVs are to be parked in screened areas or garages. If you have a temporary need to park an RV or boat in driveway, please contact the HOA for approval.
- All exterior construction/remodeling, shed building, fencing and repainting and roofing changes requires Architectural committee approval. As long as your planned work fits in HOA's broad guidelines this is a quick and simple process.
- Yards and home exteriors should be kept in well maintained condition.
If you have any questions or concerns please reach out or come to one of our upcoming board meetings, 1st Tuesday of the month 7pm at Mt. Scott Fire Station.
Scott Mountain HOA Board
Adjournment: at 9:00pm by Neil Gavrich.
Next Regular Board Meetings: June 4th, 2019 at 7 pm at the Fire Station and each first Tuesday of the month that follows, except in August and December when there will be no meeting.