Board Meeting of November 3, 2015
Location: Fire Station, 9339 SE Causey
Board Members Present: Carl Feague, John Short, Nancy Hall, Jim Graham, Ted Seble, John Chapman
Absent: Dave Gilman, Dan Otis
Homeowners Present: none Guests: none
Call to Order: 7:03 pm by President Carl Feague
Approval of Meeting Minutes – Board Meeting October 6, 2015 (Annual Meeting)
The Board members had the draft minutes available by email. A motion was made to approve the October 6 minutes as submitted and all Board members present approved.
A moment of silence was held for Dave Gilman, who is currently lying in the sun in Hawaii.
BOARD MEMBER REPORTS
President: Carl Feague
- Carl volunteered to remove cones from trees planted in green space.
- Holiday Contest: John will spearhead contest; board members will vote by the 20th. Preliminary homes will be suggested to board members by the 15th.
- The question of the SE 98th Ct. home was discussed. Jim and John will pursue mediation through Clackamas County. Article 9 in the fines section addresses homeowner’s property on which the covenants are being violated. The question of whether we have the right to go on to private property was discussed; the feeling is that we don’t have the right.
- Looking to fill Pamela’s position, she formally resigned in October.
- Carl is staying in his role as President through the end of 2016.
- It was noted that Jonathan Harbaugh is interested in being on the Board but as he is absent action will be deferred until the January meeting.
Vice-president: Ted Seble
- Nothing new
Secretary: Dave Gilman
- Dave was absent. He provided the minutes for the October 6, 2015 (Annual) Board meeting for approval.
Treasurer’s Report: John Chapman
- John Chapman said there was no change in finances.
Environmental Committee: Jim Graham
- Jim reported that the dumpsters will be delivered on Nov 13.
- Jason at Mosaic; his team will be back in the woods before Thanksgiving.
- The drain work has still not been done by River City. They have changed their approach and are ordering new equipment. Still waiting for them to come back. They should return by Thanksgiving to complete work.
- There are $3100 of dead pine trees that need to come out. Jim suggested we wait until the sewer costs are in. John Short will check out the areas and identify the dead trees.
- Jim will continue to put out HOA meeting signs, and stay on for a few months to help the new Board member Jonathan learn the role of the Environmental Chair.
Covenant Compliance: Dan Otis
- Dan was absent. His term on the Board has ended.
Architectural: John Short
John Short reported the following items:
- Dawn at 10400 SE 98th ct. Called three times about a request to cut a tree. Have not reviewed to date. Did review with her Husband and approved small dead tree to be removed.
- Jonathan at 10730 SE Stevens approved minor retaining wall in front yard to replace an existing one.
- Reported an unauthorized tree cut to the board at 10723 SE 95th Ct. John Chapman sent a fine.
- Pierre Boutros requested three large fir trees to be topped so he could install solar power and get satellite TV. Request was denied. John Chapman sent a letter.
- Robert at 10306 has asked for approval on several house upgrades, deck, siding and roof. All were approved
- Vanessa at 10346 moves in in November having discussions with her about installing fence.
Eagle Landing: Nancy Hall
Nancy reported that as a result of the proposed Stevens Creek apartments the Stevens and Causey intersection is scheduled to become a 4 way stop. No traffic study has been submitted by Eagles Landing. Rumors of financing problems with Eagles Landing were mentioned. Eagles Landing has stated that they have not done an analysis of sewage capacity.
Adjournment: at 8:07 pm by Carl
Next Regular Board Meetings: January 5, 2016 at 7 pm at the Fire Station. And each first Tuesday of the month that follows, except in August and December.