Board Meeting of October 3, 2017
Location: Fire Station, 9339 SE Causey
Board Members Present: Neil Gavrich, Dave Gilman, Jonathon Handsaker, Jonathan Harbaugh, Josh Gavrich, Bob Stallman, Suzanne Merritt, Thomas Spathas (manages HOA website),
Absent: Nancy Hall, John Chapman
Homeowners Present: Steve Schroeder
Guests: Keo & Anjuli Chen
Call to Order: 7:02 pm by President Neil Gavrich
Approval of Meeting Minutes – Board Meeting September 5, 2017
The Board members had the draft minutes available by email. A motion was made by Neil to approve the September 5, 2017 minutes as submitted. It was seconded by Suzanne and all Board members present approved.
Keo & Anjuli Chen have made an offer on a house in SMHOA on 98th Court. They had a question about storing a boat and RV. They can store these in a screened area (Article 4.1 (8)), as beside the garage behind a fence. One of these will probably have to be in outside storage.
BOARD OFFICERS/COMMITTE REPORTS
President: Neil Gavrich
- Neil reported he had started sending out letters to new homeowners.
- He reported for John Chapman, who is sick. The homeowner on 100th was sent a letter saying the covenants did not allow chickens. The homeowner responded in a letter that they did not think they were in violation of covenants and do not think it’s a cause of rats. The house on Kela Place was sold and we received $3309 for back dues.
- Neil said his wife offered to do a SMHOA Facebook page.
Vice-president: Suzanne Merritt
- Suzanne is completing the Fall newsletter and needs some additional info. Jonathon said the dumpster will be delivered on Nov.10. She is planning on sending the newsletter out next week.
Secretary: Dave Gilman
- He provided the minutes for the September 5, 2017 Board meeting for approval.
- Dave reported that he and Nancy attended the SUN CPO meeting on October 2. County Commissioners Jim Bernard and Ken Humberston introduced themselves and discussed the city of Happy Valley’s withdrawal from the North Clackamas Parks and Recreation District.
Treasurer’s Report: John Chapman
Environmental Committee: Jonathan Harbaugh
- Jonathon reported on the path lights. There are 20 lights to be replaced with LEDs. The estimate is $3600 from Stoner Electric and we get an $800 rebate. With LEDs there will be no maintenance for 12 years. Neil made a motion to be able to spend up $700 extra for any repairs. Seconded by Suzanne. All present approved.
- He said drop boxes will come on Nov. 10.
- He said his wife will make contact with new homeowners.
Covenant Compliance: Jonathon Handsaker
- Jonathon reported on the two letters that were sent to the homeowners with chickens. He reported that no responses had been received except for the one received by John and reported under Neil’s report.
Architectural: Josh Gavrich
- Josh has a request from a homeowner on Cleone Court to add a shed. The criteria discussed are that it not encroach on the common area and will not be visible from street. He will check on this request and will approve if it meets the criteria.
- The homeowner on 95th Court has to replace his sewer line and will need to remove a tree to do so. This will be approved.
- Metal roof issue. Josh emailed the homeowner saying we needed to see samples before we could approve. The owner responded that they were now looking at a standard type roof, so this issue is now mute.
Safety: Bob Stallman
- He said we were on the list to have the County radar speed sign in the neighborhood.
- He noted that the County will be doing work on the surface water drains in the area.
Eagle Landing: Nancy Hall
- Absent. Mr. Hall (Nancy’s husband) attended in her place. She was attending a city of Happy Valley meeting on the Eagle’s Landing development.
- Mr. Hall reported he went to a Sherriff’s meeting on Crime Watch. One suggestion from the meeting was to belong to Next Door on-line bulletin board.
HOA Web Site: Thomas Spathas
- Thomas said he has some made some fixes to the web site and it seems to be working. He will proceed with the full change to a different provider later.
Annual Meeting Plans
The annual meeting will be held November 7 at the fire station.
There are 3 Board of Director positions that terminate this year.
Neil made a motion that we hold the annual meeting in November to meet the HOA bylaws. Jonathon Harbaugh seconded and all present approved.
Adjournment: at 8:28 pm by Neil
Next Regular Board Meetings: The next meeting will be the annual meeting November 7, 2017 at 7 pm at the Fire Station. And each first Tuesday of the month that follows, except in August and December.