Meeting Minutes – October 2, 2018
Location: Fire Station, 9339 SE Causey
Board Members Present: Neil Gavrich, Khristina Powell, John Chapman, James Allen, Josh Gavrich, Jonathan Handsaker, Steve Schroeder and Natalie Harbaugh.
Board Members Absent: Nancy Hall
Homeowners Present: Robert Powell, Thomas Spathas, David Gilman, Jim Graham, Randy Flynn and Keo Chen. Thank you for attending!
Call to Order: 7:02pm by President Neil Gavrich.
Approval of Meeting Minutes – Board Meeting September 4th 2018
The Board members had the draft minutes available by email. A motion was made by President Neil Gavrich to approve the September 4th meeting minutes, seconded by James and all board members present approved.
- Jim Graham asked about past concerns on covenants, and asked Neil when the board was going to do the neighborhood walk through. Neil said we would be planning the walk soon.
- Robert Powell suggested a camera of sorts to alert folks speeding through Stevens.
President: Neil Gavrich
- Neil received an email from Forest Management asking if we are following the plan. Neil believes we are.
- Approval of the September 4th 2018 minutes.
- Home owner concerns.
- Board Member / committee reports.
- Annual Meeting; Next Month.
- Khristina has finished the HOA newsletter, all newly revised! The newsletter was sent out on 10.15.18 to homeowners, also noted the HOA of the annual meeting on November 6, 2018 at 7:00PM.
- John said he is going to be sending letters to a few homeowners that are several years behind in dues. The HOA currently has $56,000 in reserves.
- John also mentioned after reviewing the Andres contract and walking the HOA, it appears areas are not being taken care of. John plans on meeting with Andres and spelling out contract specifics. The board agreed we need to address these areas. Andres is supposed to be coming every other Monday.
- Provided the minutes for the September minutes.
- Printed ballots for the Annual meeting.
- Noted that a Real Estate Broker that has a listing of home for sale within the HOA, referenced Airbnb potential which the HOA does not allow less than 30 Day rentals.
- Natalie will be ordering yard debris dumpsters for November. After discussion, will be ordering 8 dumpsters this fall, Friday Nov 2 - Monday Nov 5. will be located at 93rd Ct. 96th Ct. near 10757. 96th Ave. near 10558. 99th Ave. near 10312. 100th Dr. near 10126. Gia Ct. near 9905. Kela Pl. near 9911. King Way near 10493.
- Natalie mentioned the trees that were planted in the greenspace, half of those trees need to be removed. Natalie also mentioned she plans to follow up with Clays on the previous tree removal.
- Had received complaints about a vehicle that has expired tags and has sent past letters to the owner of the property. John C said he'd forward the owner/landlords address.
- Jonathan also noted Ivy in different areas of the HOA that continue to be a problem.
- Nothing to report.
- Steve sprayed several area paths in the HOA. Contacted Safe sidewalks for a quote, no response as of yet.
- Steve met with a few school representatives that are actively planning a safety route within the school zone.
Homeowner Participant: Dave Gilman.
- Dave's been actively involved in meetings regarding the CPO's. The new combined CPO has been formed; Sunnyside West Mount Scott.
Adjournment: at 8:52pm by Neil Gavrich.
Next Regular Board Meetings: November 6th, 2018 at 7 pm at the Fire Station and each first Tuesday of the month that follows, except in August and December when there will be no meeting.